Saturday, March 5, 2011

Kids Care Postage Stamps



The theme for this week is Kids' Art on Stamps. I am showing a sheet of sixteen Kids Care stamps that I bought for postage and never used. I didn't feel like tearing up the sheet, but I have decided that I am going to start using these stamps now. I am also showing a Zazzle stamp that I couldn't find last week.

The Kids Care stamps were issued on April 20, 1995. They commemorate the 25th anniversary of Earth Day. The sheet includes four each of four designs. The designs were chosen in a contest for kids age 8 to 13 and depict ways to preserve, protect, or restore our environment. The four designs are:
• the earth being cleaned in a bathtub
• a beach clean-up scene
• man planting a tree
• solar power for a house
The Zazzle stamp below was sent to me on mail from Zazzle. It was sent in October 2010 and has a fall leaf design.




I am participating in Sunday Stamps at Viridian's Postcard Blog




6 comments:

  1. I adore the earth in a bathtub! The solar power comes a close second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Sun one the best. I only vaguely remember these! And thanks for the zazzle stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome stamps! A great way to get the message across and involve the kids. And how brilliant are the kids who made this designs. The sun stamp is my favourite!


    Postcards Crossing

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you have not used these, so nice. Imaginative art, the sun one could be used for a solar campaign.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure entertainment is good, and it's even better when a worthy message gets across, in a considerate way. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...