Friday, February 13, 2015

Mechanical Valentines with Cats



These are mechanical Valentines from my collection of cat Valentines. The "No Baloney" valentine is dated 1944 on the back. Most of the others are probably from the 1940s too, except for the "Licking Cat" which is older and was made in Germany. These cards are made up of two pieces. The pieces are attached with a small grommet that allows one piece to be moved.









HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


For More vintage Images

http://sepiasaturday.blogspot.com/2015/02/sepia-saturday-266-14-february-2015.html

12 comments:

  1. I love those old jokes and plays on words -- like This is no baloney ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Valentine's Day cards seem designed for cutesy art and the awful pun. Well done on the animation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever animations. The last cat looks a bit threatening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the animations and they're a great set of cards for Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't remember EVER getting a mechanical one -- I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the moving cat ones - though the last one looks carnivorous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And I still like cards with moveable parts --- valentines or not --- those cards just are a delight to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely delightful! I'm not sure about the licking cat though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute -how do you do the animations here?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I scanned the Valentine in two positions using Photoshop 7, then used Image Ready to make animated gifs (newer versions of Photoshop are a little different). Then I uploaded the animated gif to Flickr. In Flickr, find the link to "original size" to see the animation. Get the file location from the animated image, and use that url to insert the image in your blogger post. ( the address in the address bar didn't seem to work, so I right clicked the image to get the "location")

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...